10/14/2014

Introduction of my book

Hello, how are you doing? The typhoon has passed and it was fine, much hot today.


I chose this book: Chew On This



The authors are Eric Schlosser and Charles Wilson. Eric has investigated the fast-food industry for years, and he is famous for his book “Fast Food Nation”, which was a New York Times bestseller and made into a film. Charles is a writer of the New York Times Magazine and the New Yorker. This book was published by Houghton Mifflin Company in 2006.


I’ve been interested in a junk food culture and heard for many times that some people say eating too much junk food is dangerous. Although I don’t have any reliable sources, I agree with that view. However, by reading this book, I will be able to find “where fast food comes from, who makes it, what’s in it, and what happens when you eat it.” (pp. 8-9) That sounds interesting for me. Now, I’m going to read this more and get information about fast food.

1 件のコメント:

  1. This was a good choice of book. I respect Eric Schlosser as a journalist and writer. I read his book _Fast Food Nation_ many years ago and found it illuminating and informative. He looks at the effects of fast food on society as a whole, not just its effects on the body.

    返信削除