1/07/2015

Happy New Year







Happy New Year! I wish you a year filled with peace, good health and happiness.



How was your winter vacation? Did you enjoy it? As for me, I had my part-time job almost everyday in December... but early in the new year, I took a rest and enjoyed holidays with my family.















On this post, I have two topics, written and visual restaurant reviews. Hope you enjoy reading it.




First, it's about written review. The title of the article is “Rick Stein, Winchester, restaurant review: Is this latest venture the start of a chain to be rolled out across the country?” This is written by John Walsh. According toThe Independent, he is a commentator and he has been editor of The Independent Magazine, literary editor of the Sunday Times and features editor of the London Evening Standard. http://www.independent.co.uk/biography/john-walsh



He wrote a review of a restaurant called Rick Stein Winchester.
This restaurant mainly serves piscine and seafood dishes. Walsh mentions that the physical surroundings, decor are pretty simple and comfortable. Wooden tables are white-topped, and do not have napery (linens for the dining table). Customers can relax with these tables, cushiony banquettes, Cornish sea scenes on display, and copper lamps hung over. The waiting staff are remarkably bright-eyed and welcoming, and rush to bring you menus, water and bread, he says.



In terms of the menu, he says that he can promise it has a lot of comfort dishes eating on chilly November lunchtime (This article was written in November 2014). He ordered the fish and shellfish soup with rouille and Parmesan, salt and pepper squid, main-course hake, Dover sole, and pudding of autumn fruit sabayon that reeked of Christmas. He says most of all meals are delicious and good value, for instance, the soup with rouille and Parmesan, a salt and pepper squid, main course and pudding. As for the soup, he insists that only a fool or a madman could fail to order it, he means everyone should try it. The taste is like the tomato-and-cayenne-spiced broth warming your insides, the garlicky rouille fresh and lively. Second, he ate a salt and pepper squid, and says it was also delicious. However, only the Dover sole was not great, he says. The dish is the most expensive thing on the menu at £32.95, but it is terrible, waste of a light delicate fish and of £33. He mentions the taste was awful but the staff’s service was pretty good. The manager of this restaurant came and apologized for the dish, took the dish off the bill.



I’ve never read this kind of article, so it was difficult for me a bit, but interesting. I recommend this restaurant if you like seafood. As for me, fish and shellfish are my favorite, so I hope I could visit there someday.



Rick Stein, 7-8 High Street Winchester (01962 353 535). Around £37 per person, before wine and service. Lunch menu: two courses £19.95
















Next, I’m going to write about a video. I saw “Step Inside Be Our Guest Restaurant.” 









This movie is about Disney world in Florida. It’s the place I really want to visit once in my lifetime :) The theme of the restaurant is a Disney movie called “Beauty and the Beast.” In this review, only a woman talks and introduces about the restaurant. She speaks clearly and cheerfully. I think her way of speaking is suitable for introducing a Disney facility because I believe Disney world is dream itself!! It’s the most important to tell pleasure to audience.



Chefs, owners, managers and restaurant staffs are not featured in the video. I guess the reason they aren’t focused is that it is unnecessary for this restaurant. As I’ve mentioned, the most important thing for Disney world is to give excitement and pleasure to everyone comes there, so it’s not important who is the chef or who is the manager. The dishes served there should be tasty, but customers maybe don’t care who made them. It’s perfect as long as people can enjoy eating, and the atmosphere is like a dream land, I guess.



If you have time, you can watch this video! I recommend it. Her speaking is clear and easy to understand. Ahh I wish I could visit there…







1 件のコメント:

  1. The written review could give you an idea of how severe some food reviewers can be. Especially the line "... it is terrible, waste of a light delicate fish and of £33" was quite hard on the restaurant and the chef.

    I suppose in the case of the Disney restaurant, they wouldn't show the chef so that the diners could imagine that the Little Mermaid prepared it with the help of Pocahontas.

    返信削除